Once your website is built, it is important
to complete your On-Site SEO.
On-site SEO is all of the things you can do on your website to help you rank for local searches:
- Include keywords (including geographical information) in key spots on your page: title tag, meta tags, alt image tags and even in the URL if you can.
- Create fresh and relevant content that includes your local keywords. Don’t spam keywords – include them as an organic part of your content.
- Make sure your name, address and telephone number is embedded in the HTML code of every page.
- Include localization in blog posts and other content.
- Create a geo sitemap and KML file (keyhole markup language) that will allow your site to show up on Google Earth and Google Maps.
- Optimize logos and images with localized file names and alt tags.
- Blog about locally relevant topics.
- Embed social media sharing buttons on your website.
- Include information about your company’s history and local roots on your “About Us” page.
- Participate in (and blog about) local events.
Contact us today for a FREE, no-obligation consultation!