Are you creating pages on your website that target a specific city where you want to get good organic rankings in the organic search results for local businesses? If so, spend some time making these pages unique, – meaning, that the pages are unique and considerable different from each other. Making sure that the pages are different will help you avoid being penalized by Google.
Why would you want organic rankings when you can get visible in the local search results? Because sometimes there are towns in which you just can’t rank in the local search results.
Maybe you’re a spa owner located in a small town 14 miles away from 2 larger cities. Maybe you rank well in the Google+ Local results within 6 miles of your building’s location, but you haven’t been able to rank in the local results in the bigger cities because you’re just a little too far from them. How can you increase your chances of being found? You can create pages on your website that target each of those other cities you want to rank in. Your goal is to grab a bit of rankings in the organic results, the ones for local businesses.
10 Ways to Make Your Unique Local Content Pages
Here are some good practices to make your city pages unique and different from each other. Some of these search engine optimization strategies are commonly used and some, you may not have thought of.
- Meta Tags: Use keyword rich title tags, description tags and keyword tags for organic rankings.
- Page Names: Shorter urls with names that include one or two keywords.
- H Tags: H1, H2, H3 etc.
- Internal Link: Link to a website page or blog post about something involving your “target” city.
- Outbound Link: Link to a website or blog that refers to the town’s website or to a blog post that ’s relevant to the town and to your services.
- Content: Write a few paragraphs on a job you did in your target city. Include what you like about your target city.
- Images and Videos: Add photos and videos that include local landmarks, city events and other items of interest. Use keywords for alt tags and geotag your videos. Youtube and Vimeo videos are well liked in the search engines.
- Testimonials: Mention the city of the customers who wrote them.
- Offers and Giveaways: Target the consumers of your city with unique items that are relevant. If there is a university nearby, promo’s that include discounts on items or services will be well received.
- Maps: Use Google maps to embed into your website page that include the addresses you’re targeting.
Improve Organic Ranking with Unique Local Content
By using the tips above, you will be increasing your chance to rank higher in the search engines. Trying to get noticed by Google, Bing and Yahoo can be challenging and with the ever changing rules in SEO marketing, using honest tactics are your best method. If you need help with content, consider hiring a SEO unique content writer. A great resource for inexpensive and quality writers is Fiverr.com. Unique local content on city pages can help your efforts and possible lead to more sales and customer conversions.